The LWV of the Elgin Area cordially invites you to participate in a moderated Candidate Forum for the candidates running in the Primary for the Kane County Clerk, Sheriff, County Board Dist. 17, and County Board Dist. 19.
During the first half hour, voters will have the opportunity to talk informally to the candidates in a “Meet and Greet” before the Forum begins promptly at 6:30 pm.
Candidates for the following contested races have been invited to participate:
Kane County Clerk
• Stanton J. “Stan” Bond (Party: Rep)
• John A. “Jack” Cunningham (Party: Rep)
Kane County Sheriff
• Donald E. Kramer (Party: Rep)
• Kevin Tindall (Party: Rep)
• Ron Hain (Party: Dem)
• Willie M. Mayes, Sr. (Party: Dem)
Kane County Board District 17
• Janice Bennett (Party: Dem)
• Deborah Allan (Party: Dem)
Kane County Board District 19
• Thomas P. Gibbons (Party: Dem)
• John Jack Shales (Party: Dem)
• Mohammad “Mo” Iqbal (Party: Dem)
The Primary Election is March 20th.
Candidate Forum – Rules & Guidelines
The League of Women Voters is a non-partisan, issue-oriented political organization that holds voter education as a primary mission. This is why the League sponsors forums such as this. We must abide by certain rules to respect the impartiality of the organization and the event. We do not endorse or recommend candidates for office and we are neutral with regard to the candidates who are the focus of this forum. Filming, other than by the League or its partners is not allowed.
· The League is not responsible for the accuracy of statements made by the candidates.
· The candidates will be requested to address a specific question(s) in their opening remarks.
· Audience questions will be written and collected by League members. Questions are to address issues, not personalities. The League reserves the right to screen questions.
· Please write only one question per card, and there may not be time for all questions.
· Time limits for candidate responses will be enforced.
· No campaign buttons, or the like will be allowed in the forum.
· Audience will remain silent and in their seats during the forum.
· Audience will not be permitted to respond in any audible way to the candidates.
Co-Sponsored with the Gail Borden Public Library.