The LWV of the Elgin Area Rutland-Dundee Townships Committee cordially invites you to participate in a moderated Candidate Forum for the candidates running for Community Unit School Dist. 300 Board of Education and Elgin Community College Dist. 509 Trustees.
Candidates for the following contested race has been invited to participate:
Community Unit School Dist. 300 (6 for 3 seats)
– Kathleen Burley
– Anne B. Miller
– Nicole Beyer
– David J. Scarpino
– Mary McNicholas
– Leslie LaMarca
Elgin Community College Dist. 509 (5 for 3 seats)
– Jennifer Rakow
– John Duffy
– Candace McCreary
– Roger Maxwell Ramey
– Shane Nowak
The Consolidated Election is April 4th.
Candidate Forum – Rules & Guidelines
The League of Women Voters is a non-partisan, issue-oriented political organization that holds voter education as a primary mission. This is why the League sponsors forums such as this. We must abide by certain rules to respect the impartiality of the organization and the event. We do not endorse or recommend candidates for office and we are neutral with regard to the candidates who are the focus of this forum. Filming, other than by the League or its partners is not allowed.
· The League is not responsible for the accuracy of statements made by the candidates.
· The candidates will be requested to address a specific question(s) in their opening remarks.
· Audience questions will be written and collected by League members. Questions are to address issues, not personalities. The League reserves the right to screen questions.
· Please write only one question per card, and there may not be time for all questions.
· Time limits for candidate responses will be enforced.
· No campaign buttons, or the like will be allowed in the forum.
· Audience will remain silent and in their seats during the forum.
· Audience will not be permitted to respond in any audible way to the candidates.