NAME: RANDY HOPP
POSITION FOR WHICH YOU ARE A CANDIDATE:
Gail Borden Public Library District
1. Why are you seeking this position?
I am a candidate for Gail Borden Public Library Trustee to serve:
1. The property tax payers of the library district.
2. The visitors to the Main library, Elgin and South Elgin Branch libraries, or online at the library website, www.gailborden.info.
3. The visitor-serving library employees.
by consistently representing your interests at every library board of trustees meeting.
None of the current library trustees consistently represent your interests.
2. What experience and background do you have which qualifies you for this position?
1. Lifelong Elgin resident.
2. Held a Gail Borden Public Library card 1959-present: for 58 years.
3. Consistently attended Gail Borden Public Library Board of Trustees meetings 2004- present: for more than 12 years and more than 150 meetings. For a longer time and for more meetings than any of the competing trustee candidates, incumbent or challenger.
4. Served as an elected Gail Borden Public Library Trustee 2009-2013.
Served as an Illinois Open Meetings Act Officer for the Board of Library Trustees 2010-2013.
3. What will be your greatest challenge if elected?
Getting the information that I need to make informed decisions as a library Trustee from the library administrative staff who are controlled by the library Director.
Release for publication? YES
I will attend the forum? YES
Elections and voting are core concerns for the League of Women Voters. Year in and year out, Leagues are committed to providing fact-based information about issues and the positions candidates take on those issues to help voters make their own decisions and participate in the process.
The League of Women Voters never supports or opposes candidates for office, or political parties. Any use of the League of Women Voters name in campaign advertising or literature has not been authorized by the League.