NAME: LARRY BRAASCH
POSITION FOR WHICH YOU ARE A CANDIDATE:
1. Why are you seeking this position?
I am seeking re-election to this position in order to keep all the roads in Dundee Township in excellent condition; safe for residents and everyone that passes thru our community. I want to provide the best service possible at the lowest cost to the residents. I take great pride in my work as Highway Commissioner and want to continue to be here for the people of our Township.
2. What experience and background do you have which qualifies you for this position?
- Certified Township Highway Commissioner for 17 years.
- 28 years experience of Township layout and history.
- Knowledge of current road district regulations.
- Familiar with operation and maintenance of ALL equipment and vehicles.
- A leader in skilled problem solving and emergency road services.
- American Public Works Association member for 17 years.
- Township Officials of Illinois member for 17 years.
3. What will be your greatest challenge if elected?
To continue to run the Highway Department within my budget.
To continue to run a “Class A” Highway Department with an exellent road system.
Release for publication? YES
I will attend the forum? YES
Elections and voting are core concerns for the League of Women Voters. Year in and year out, Leagues are committed to providing fact-based information about issues and the positions candidates take on those issues to help voters make their own decisions and participate in the process.
The League of Women Voters never supports or opposes candidates for office, or political parties. Any use of the League of Women Voters name in campaign advertising or literature has not been authorized by the League.