The League of Women Voters of the Elgin Area and Move to Amend recently hosted a discussion on Campaign Finance and the 2010 Supreme Court decision Citizens United vs. Federal Election Commission.
A great deal of the research was conducted by the League of Women Voters of Concord-Carlisle*Amherst*Sudbury for their own Democracy in the Balance program.
For a more in-depth look, take a look at their background materials:
- DIB-o-Article1-PACS SuperPACS and Citizens United 3-22
- DIB-n-Resource materials-long
- DIB-o-Article2-Money Speech and Power in Elections 4-2
- DIB-o-Article3-Should We Amend the Constitution 4-16
- DIB-i-Corporate Rights 4-18
- DIB-k-Corporate Charter Law 4-18
- DIB-l-Amendments summaries 4-18
- DIB-m-Money and Local Politics