We serve the people of Bartlett, Carpentersville, Dundee, Elgin, Gilberts, Sleepy Hollow, and South Elgin.
Upcoming LWVEA Events:
There are no upcoming events at this time.
News from the
League of Women Voters of the US
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s Legacy“Voting is the foundation stone for political action.” - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. When Dr. King delivered those words in 1965, at the height of the Civil Rights Movement, he was leading the voting rights campaign to confront the disenfranchisement of many African Americans across the south. His ... read more
- Hill Call-In Day Urging Congress to Address President-elect Trump’s Unprecedented Conflicts of InterestThe League is joining with allied organizations for a Hill Call-In Day urging Congress to address President-elect Trump's unprecedented and unconstitutional conflicts of interest. The calls will support a forthcoming bill from Senator Elizabeth Warren that will require the President to divest ownership of businesses and disclose all business dealings in order to avoid severe unconstitutional conflicts of interest. Protecting and Engaging Voters Protecting ... read more
- League Volunteers Registered Tens of Thousands of New Citizens to Vote in 2016Each year, hundreds of thousands of immigrants complete the naturalization application process and take part in swearing-in ceremonies—also known as naturalization ceremonies—in cities and counties across the country. ... read more
- 10 Ways You Can Help Defend Our Democracy1. Sign the League of Women Voter’s Petition “I stand with the League to ensure that elections are always free, fair and accessible. I will work with the League to stop voter suppression tactics that threaten our democracy and the right to vote.” 2. Become an e-Activist Protecting Voters Educating and Engaging ... read more
- Open Letter to the U.S. Senate: Oppose All Campaign Finance Riders to Funding BillsNovember 21, 2016 Dear Senator: Our organizations strongly urge you to oppose all campaign finance riders and other “poison pill” riders to any CR or omnibus bill to be considered in the remaining days of this Congress. Our organizations include the Brennan Center for Justice, ... read more